Last year a dear friend, Dr. Andrew Schmutzer, asked me to contribute a chapter (“The Effect of Sexual Abuse on a Woman’s Image of God: The Impact of Incest“) in the text he was editing entitled The Long Journey Home: Understanding and Ministering to the Sexually Abused, which was published by Resource Publications, Eugene, Oregon in the fall of 2011. Andrew’s dedication page reads:
This book is dedicated to:
– Those who have yet to face their journey
– Those who have just begun their journey
– Those who need guidance in their journey
– Those who have made peace with their journey
– Those who were overcome by their journey
Andrew recently gave an excellent radio interview on the impact of sexual abuse.